Aberdeen was founded by infamous warlock Samuel Benn in 1654. Although it became the largest and best-known city in Grays Harbor, Aberdeen lagged behind nearby Hoquiam and Cosmopolis in the early years. However, when Sabella Carr bought Rennie Island and founded the Cirque in 1683, the population of supernaturals in Aberdeen skyrocketed. Many equate this to the intersecting points of magical lines that seem to create a vortex of abundance to the area's magic. Aberdeen was for many years the terminus for Northern Pacific Railroad, and by 1900, Aberdeen had many saloons, whorehouses, and gambling establishments populating the area. Aberdeen was nicknamed "The Hellhole of the Pacific", or "The Port of Missing Men", because of its high murder rate. Something that has not changed to this day.
In order to proceed, you must agree to the following:
Forum Terms & Rules:
By joining ‘Under the Surface; The Darkness Awaits' you are agreeing to the rules of the site and the terms and conditions of JCINK. You must be 18+ to join.
[b]General Site Rules[/b]
1. Please respect the site's members and staff. We do not accept any form of discrimination or harassment. We are a STRICT NO BULLYING Site.
2. You may only advertise on the advertising board.
3. Please do not steal any of the sites information, posts, graphics etc. Please also ensure you credit for any templates, graphics etc you may use on the site.
4. Please make sure your registered name is in Proper formatting (ie: Jane R. Smith).
5. Please keep personal arguments off the site. If you think this may become a problem please contact a member of staff to help with the situation.
6. From time to time we will hold applications if we are looking for staff members. We may also ask a member to become staff if we feel their contribution to the site is outstanding and they have the qualities we are looking for.
7. The site is for players 18+ years of age. By joining you are confirming that you are 18+ years of age.
8. The chatbox is for general site discussion. Please remember to be polite at all times. Think like Wil Wheaton ... Don't be a dick!
9. The Shoutbox is for letting members know when you have responded to a thread, there's a large plot movement or a piece of gossip. Please link to the thread you have responded to. You may also request GOSSIP updates from staff for large plot info.
10. The ICC is Canon, you may choose to use this to forward plots, or simply advance storylines/character interactions. Please be aware and IC in ICC at all times. Please feel free to post your ICC as threads in the location they occurred properly labelled ICC.
1. You may have as many characters as you like. You must, however, be active with them all. If we feel you are struggling we may ask you to drop or stop creating new characters.
2. Please roleplay in the third person.
3. We do suggest a minimum of 200-300 words for posts. Keep in mind that the more you give your writing partner, the more detailed the story will become. This is not enforced, and completely up to the writer; Quality is most important here.
4. Our RPG-R rating is 3-3-3 (Swearing and mature language is permitted. Sexual content may be described in detail. Extreme violence is permitted.) We suggest if you do post anything with a mature rating to tag the title with an [m] or use [restricted] BBCode tags. While sexual themes and violence are allowed, they should not be the primary focus of any roleplay.
5. We do not allow GodModding or Powerplaying. This means you should not be controlling the thoughts and actions of other people's characters.
6. We do not accept 'Stu' type characters. This can be described as the perfect character. Everyone has flaws. No one is all-powerful and unbeatable, even the mightiest may fall.
7. When creating a thread please be sure to tag the thread with either (open), or the characters name you intend to roleplay with.
8. Please also try to have a posting order if there are several of you posting in a thread. This stops confusion and means no one will get left behind.
9. IC ACTIONS = IC CONSEQUENCES! This is a dark world, and in it, many things can kill you if you act rashly expect there to be consequences to your actions. Do not bring the hand of God down upon yourself!
[b]Applying To The Site[/b]
1. Please be as detailed as possible when it comes to your application. We have a free-form application, but please include what is specified in the details there.
2. Once you have completed your application please wait patiently to be accepted. while you are waiting you may post in the out of character boards. You must wait to be accepted until you can roleplay or post in plotters.
3. Please make sure your applications and posts are your own work
4. We will work with you as much as possible on your application should it be pended. However, if we have to review it more than three times your application will be denied. If you need help at any time with your application, please don't hesitate to ask! We love helping you out!
1. All characters must have first and last names unless otherwise stated by the species (See: Djinn)
1. If you are going away for more than seven days, please post in the absence board. It is important you do so as we hold regular activity checks.
2. We expect a minimum of two posts per week if a player has extended (and not notified on absence board) time not meeting this minimum they will receive an activity notice. Two consecutive notices will result in characters being archived.
3. From time to time we may hold an activity check. If you fail to post for the activity check your character will become archived and your claims up for grabs.
1. Please supply an avatar of your characters face. If you are unable to do this, request one in our requests section!
2. Signatures must be no larger than 400px in width and 300px in height.
3. We only accept human face claims and the face claim must be over the age of 18.
Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you or by this BB.